Electrical and Systems Assistant
- 42.5 hours + occasional weekends
PalmerSport, the leading operator of prestige corporate motorsport events, owning and operating the Bedford Autodrome circuit complex, is looking for a Systems and Electrical Assistant to join their electrical department. In this role you will be serving Palmersport and the GB3/4 Championships with sound electrical expertise alongside our group circuit electrician.
This new and exciting position requires an individual with basic prior knowledge of electrical components ideally within the sports/performance automotive sector, who has the enthusiasm and attitude to learn alongside our group electrician.
Job duties include:
- Assembling electrical components for both performance cars and trackside equipment
- Crimping/Soldering electrical components
- Fault finding
- Running cables through high performance vehicles with impeccable attention to detail
- Carrying out electrical inspections across the circuit and in our vehicles – training will be given
- Undertaking scheduled electrical maintenance across all MSV owned circuits alongside our group electrician.
- Shadowing more senior members of staff taking onboard their expert knowledge and implementing this into your own work.
To apply for the role, you will have:
- City and Guilds Level 3 Electrical Installation or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence and ability to commute to Bedford Autodrome
- A willingness to learn and grow in a professional capacity
- Knowledge of electrical components ideally within the automotive sector is desirable
- Previous high voltage experience is desirable
- An interest within the motorsport sector is desirable
- Willingness to travel to circuits across the UK alongside our group electrician
- Must have the ability to represent the company in a positive manner.
In return PalmerSport offers:
- Competitive pay + benefits
- Up to 31 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Access to our MSV Advantage platform, giving you access to discounts at 100s of shops across the UK.
- Discounted food and drink when working on site
- A staff pass allowing access for yourself and a plus one to attend events at all MSV circuits (including BTCC & BSB)
- Access to 24/7 GP and wellbeing services
- Training opportunities
- A workplace pension
- Free parking
If you are interested in this Systems and Electrical Assistant role. Please click the link above to submit your Covering Letter and CV.
Due to the number of applicants, we receive for this position. Only applications with both Covering letters and CV’s attached will be considered.